View the latest edition of the DISTRICT DIGEST
District Digest features messages from Superintendent Dr. Motley and the Board of Education as well as highlights academics, arts, athletics, awards and District finances. The purpose of this mailer is to keep our community informed about what is happening across our District.
The Communications Department is dedicated to creating and maintaining open, two-way communication both internally and externally to foster collaboration, trust, and understanding. Transparency and encouraging conversations help our district promote a fuller understanding of our mission, vision, and core values. We are excited to tell the stories that are happening in our schools -- stories of smart, motivated, and kind students, innovative and dedicated staff, and parents and community members who continually ask "How can I be involved?" It is a privilege to share the exciting and joyful learning that is happening in our classrooms. We're always interested in finding new ways of communicating with our stakeholders and providing positive advocacy for our students and schools.
- Produce district publications and marketing materials
- Create content and manage District website and social media channels
- Write news releases for local newspapers/TV/ radio, and serve as the media's liaison with the school district
- Create and send family communications: email, phone, and text messaging
- Approve and disseminate school-sponsored and non-school sponsored flyers – including sending electronically via E-Flyers
- Promote the Educator of The Year program
- Serve as the District Liaison to the Sylvania Schools Foundation