Welcome to your Local Professional Development Committee. Since all certified staff employed in Sylvania Schools must hold a current license, your Sylvania LPDC serves as the conduit to help you maintain current licensure. The committee reviews professional development activities for your license renewal.
It is your responsibility to know your license expiration date and renewal requirements, the timelines set in the LPDC procedures, pursue quality learning experiences and maintain your records.
To file an Individual Professional Development Plan on-line or view your current plan, click on PDExpress. Your username is your last name and first initial with no space. Your password is the last four digits of your social security number. Click on ‘Create a New Plan’ and you are on your way.
Points to remember:
1. Everyone must have a current IPDP on file BEFORE any coursework, workshops or activities can be approved. (Permanent certificates excluded)
In accordance with the approved plan, the educator must complete:
- Six semester hours of coursework related to classroom teaching or area of licensure from an accredited two-year or four-year institution of higher education; or
- 18 continuing education units (CEUs) (180 contact hours); or
- Other equivalent activities related to classroom teaching or the area of licensure as approved by the Local Professional Development Committee of the employing school, district or agency since the issuance of the license to be renewed.
Coursework, CEUs or other equivalent activities may be combined.
2. All activity proposal CEU's and documentation must be submitted within one year of completion date or it will not be approved.
3. You must create a new IPDP each time your license is renewed. The old IPDP will be automatically removed from the system.
4. If your new license has multiple areas of specialization you only need to file one (1) IPDP. Minimum one (2) goals for each area.
Please send all paperwork to Human Capital Attention: Sherri Vitek in the Administration Building at 4747 N. Holland Sylvania Road. Should you need assistance, you may meet with the committee during our scheduled meetings.
If you have any questions, you may contact me or any committee member via e-mail.
2023-2024 Committee Members:
Chair: Mary Beth Hoffman, Arbor Hills Junior High, x4127
Committee member: Brad Oatman, Social Studies Teacher Southview High School, x6153
Committee member: Lindsay Denny, 2nd Gr. Teacher Stranahan Elementary, X2523
Administration Committee member: Libby McIlwain, Northview Assistant Principal, x5105
Human Capital Executive Assistant: Sherri Vitek, x8556
3rd Tuesday of each month, 2:00 - 4:30 p.m.
McCord Junior High School (Media Center), 4304 McCord Road
9/19/23, 10/17/23, 11/14/23, 12/12/23, 1/16/24, 2/20/24, 3/19/24, 4/16/24, 5/21/24